PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Communications Ministry Assistant will have responsibility for creating and delivering the Church’s comprehensive communications strategy. Working with the support of other professional staff, the Communications Ministry Assistant will further the Church’s purpose and vision by promoting its ministries, programs, and events to the Church and the community through a variety of communications channels, print and electronic.
WORKING RELATIONSHIP: The Communications Ministry Assistant will be responsible to Associate Pastor/Business Manager and will work cooperatively with all ministerial staff.
Duties Related to Communications:
1. Assist ministerial staff with the development of a communications plan for the church with clearly defined procedures and practices
2. Implement and manage the communications plan within the guidelines established
3. Manage and prepare all regular church-wide communications -- printed and electronic – as well as externally distributed communications pieces.
4. Maintain the church’s digital presence – website and social media
5. Support church ministries, programs, activities, and events with creation of print and electronic communication
6. Assist in crafting a strategy to increase the church’s visibility within the community and manage relationships with local media (not to serve as spokesperson, but to assist appropriate minister)
7. Work with ministerial staff to communicate the church’s strategic plan and vision
8. Assist in preparation of an annual communications budget
9. Provide staff training focused on communications strategies, tools, and technology, as well as media relations
10. Other duties as assigned by supervisor