FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Part-time
Work Schedule: Varies
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Amount of Travel Required: n/a
This position will be responsible for all transactions with regard to cash reconciliations and cash functions on a daily basis. Will cross train in Accounting areas.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Responsible for auditing, reconciling and coding to general ledger (GL) daily cash registers to ensure cash control and daily cash management. Edit, maintain, audit and reconcile general ledger as needed.
• Prepare and audit bank deposits and copy all checks
• Track and record deposits
• Responsible for daily sales calendars and tracking goals, gift card sales and redemption, gift certificate redemption, etc. and
reconciliation of those categories
• Reconcile gift certificates and gift cards, as well as deposits and open orders
• Conduct audits and implement internal controls as needed
• Liaison with managers for research and training as needed
• Communicate with Messina Hof staff, customers, vendors and suppliers as needed to reconcile accounts, invoices and posting discrepancies
• Assist with auditing and reconciling all bank accounts, credit card processing, deposits, AP/AR, invoices, cash management, receipts, etc.
• Provide support for reservation system operations and interface with appropriate accounting and reservation systems to ensure all Villa and Manor Haus sales are accurate. Reconcile all booking to CounterPoint and Business Works.
• Assist with initiation and verification of all data in relation to the production of federal, state, county and local reporting as well as FIFO inventory accounting
• Assist with payroll processing and tax filings as required
• Confirm sequence of Vintage House kitchen and food tickets and receipts every day
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
• Develop intricate knowledge of POS systems and become company POS trainer and in-house expert
• Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop or maintain solutions to business of financial problems
• Other duties as required
• Requires a degree in accounting plus 3-5 years of related experience in GL, AR/AP, cash control, and Internal Audits.
• Ability to use a personal computer and proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications
• Ability to use a 10 key by touch, type 45-50 words per minute (WPM) and operate a variety of office equipment
• Accounting systems knowledge and specific knowledge of state laws and statutes involving accounting practices, taxes and human resources
• Must have good people skills, be self-motivated, ethical and have the ability to work independently to meet necessary deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.