With a career that spanned three decades and included hits such as "Top Gun" and "True Romance," filmmaker Tony Scott touched many in the Hollywood community:
- "So sad to hear the news about Tony Scott. His movies made growing up more fun for me. My prayers and condolences to the Scott family." - Justin Timberlake, on Twitter.
- "Saddened by the death of Tony Scott. A wonderful film maker and a funny, sweet guy. My condolences to his family." - Susan Sarandon, via Twitter.
- "No more Tony Scott movies. Tragic day." - Ron Howard tweeted.
- "The death of Tony Scott is shocking and saddening. He was an inspired craftsman." - Roger Ebert, via Twitter.
- "So sad to hear about Tony Scott. A master of grand action, nail biting pace and atmosphere. A real loss to film making." - Writer-actor Simon Pegg, on Twitter.
- "Taking a moment to reflect on Tony Scott's life & work! My sympathies to his family. Feeling the loss!" - Samuel L. Jackson, via Twitter.
- "Tony Scott. Damn. Great knowing you, buddy. Thanks for the inspiration, advice, encouragement, and the decades of great entertainment." - Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, on Twitter.
- "Can't quite believe we have lost the brilliance of Tony Scott, as a filmmaker and a friend." - Veteran producer Frank Marshall, via Twitter.
- "Tony Scott director of my favorite movie man on fire. " I wish you had more time "" - Tweeted Chris Rock.
- "Shocking and devastating news. He was the best and will be greatly missed." - Christian Slater, on Twitter.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.