LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Walt Disney Co. has announced that it would not renew its first-look deal with producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
The 69-year-old Bruckheimer produced such hits for the studio as "Pirates of the Caribbean," ''National Treasure," ''Armageddon," ''Con Air" and "The Rock."
The company said it will continue to focus on its branded properties from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm.
Disney said it will keep working with Bruckheimer on the fifth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean. The release date for the fifth movie in the series was removed from Disney's distribution schedule earlier this month. It was originally scheduled to launch July 10, 2015.
The move comes after Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" failed at the box office this summer.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.