(The Guardian) - Lil Wayne reportedly suffered several seizures this week, forcing the rapper to spend a night in hospital. This is the second time in less than six months that Wayne has received treatment for an unknown illness.
The incidents took place in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, while Lil Wayne was shooting Nicki Minaj's High School music video. He "appeared to [experience] multiple seizures", TMZ reported, and was taken to Cedars-Sinai hospital. The 30-year-old was released the next morning and is reportedly "doing much better now".
In October, Lil Wayne initially denied claims that he had suffered seizures on two separate flights aboard his private jet. The rapper was just dehydrated, his spokespeople said, recovering from a severe migraine. But he was more candid in a November interview. "I don't want y'all to think I'm on [drugs]," he told MTV News. "I'm on seizure medicine."
Before he became obsessed with skateboarding, Lil Wayne was known for an addiction to sizzurp – root beer mixed with promethazine and codeine. "It was a culture," he said in 2011. "I wasn't doing it to be cool … I did [it] because I was sick."
Earlier this week, Lil Wayne and his label partner, Birdman, announced that their respective daughters are writing a book together. Paparazzi Princesses, by 14-year-olds Reginae Carter and Bria Williams, follows the story of two "fictional" teens as they cope with the challenge of having famous parents. "Proud doesn't even begin to describe how me and the Birdman feel," Wayne said. "I can't wait for everybody else to experience their story." The book is out on 4 June.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.