PRAGUE (AP) — A publicist for an upcoming Marilyn Monroe exhibition in Prague says that photographs of the star have been stolen.
Alice Titzova of the PR agency 2media says the photos, stolen late Monday, were to be on display starting May 30 at the Prague Castle.
Titzova says mannequins and display cases which were part of the exhibition also disappeared. There was no word Wednesday whether the exhibition will be delayed or canceled.
The collection of various items including Monroe's dresses, shoes, photographs and diaries was assembled by curators at the Salvatore Ferragamo museum in Florence, Italy last year to mark the 50th anniversary of Monroe's death.
After Prague, the exhibition was to be moved to Tokyo.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.