A judge on Wednesday awarded The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Adrienne Maloof temporary custody of her three sons, after she alleged that her estranged husband, Paul Nassif, choked one of them last week.
A rep for Nassif confirmed the court decision to PEOPLE, adding that his legal team was blindsided by the allegations, which Nassif denies.
Maloof, 51, claims that Nassif, 50, with whom she is locked in a bitter divorce and custody battle, turned around and choked one of the boys for being rowdy on a drive last Thursday, TMZ.com reported.
Later that same day, Maloof alleges, Nassif took one boy who was misbehaving during bathtime and "threw him in the corner."
Nassif's lawyer, Lisa Meyer, characterized the claims as "gamesmanship at its worst," and said Maloof wasn't present during either alleged incident. "It is a sad day when parents have to stoop to the level of making false allegations against another parent," Meyer said.
Nassif, a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, filed for divorce in August. He has requested joint custody of 9-year-old Gavin and 6-year-old twins Christian and Collin. Maloof is seeking primary custody.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.