The College Station Independent School District will host a social media workshop for parents on Tuesday, March 5, at 6:30 p.m. in the CSISD boardroom (1812 Welsh).
March 5 is Texas Digital Citizenship Day.
“Social media is extremely popular in society today and people of all ages are involved, including students,” CSISD Director of Communications Chuck Glenewinkel said. “At the same time, there are so many social media platforms out there, it can be overwhelming to some. CSISD feels it is important for parents to have an idea of what their children are engaged in on the internet.”
The workshop will unpack some of the more common social media platforms to show attendees how they are used.
“The main goal of this workshop is to help parents gain an understanding of how society engages on the internet,” Glenewinkel said. “Hopefully, it will help equip parents to have conversations with their children about the appropriate use of social media.”
The workshop is free to the community and is scheduled to last approximately one hour. It will conclude with a question and answer session.
The workshop will be conducted by the following CSISD personnel:
• Chuck Glenewinkel, Director of Communications
• Shannon Long, Instructional Technology Coordinator
• Jeff Mann, A&M Consolidated HS Assistant Principal
• Josh Symank, College Station MS Assistant Principal
• Jason Hawkins, Oakwood Intermediate Assistant Principal
• Kristal Floyd, Special Services Instructional Coach