In prep for summer, my sister Courtney and I decided to start a new diet this week. The diet consists of mainly three things; meats, fruits and vegetables. Sure this seems like it would be pretty easy to follow, but every once in awhile my sweet tooth creeps up on me like nobody’s business. After only three days of dieting, Courtney and I decided it was time to find a low-cal treat that would fulfill our stomachs.
We decided to make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, and boy was that a good decision. I’ve never really eaten anything gluten free before, but after tasting these I could not tell the difference.
CAUTION: Prepare yourself for 70 calories of heaven.
1 box of gluten free cookie mix
½ cup vegetable shortening
1 large egg
2 tablespoons of water
1 to 3 cups of gluten free chocolate chips
*Makes 24 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put half the cookie mix in a bowl, and beat in the butter. Add egg and water. Beat until fluffy.
3. Beat in the remaining cookie mix.
4. Add 1 to 3 cups of gluten free chocolate chips.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet. Flatten cookies to 1/2” thick.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Once finished, let cookies cool for 5 minutes.
I hope this delicious dessert brings joy to your diet and satisfies your sweet tooth’s craving! If you're not a fan of sweets, click here to for the recipe for my skinny enchiladas!
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.