So I’m guessing you all know what’s right around the corner. Yep, that’s right, bikini season. But let’s be real, who really wants to go on a diet? Personally, I have been trying to eat extremely healthy lately. I won’t lie to you; I sometimes slip and fall back into unhealthy habits. I’m sure that most people can relate to this scenario. Well slip no more my friends! I have a Mexican dish for you that’s flavor has nothing diet about it-Skinny Enchiladas. These Skinny Enchiladas taste like they came straight from a restaurant, but are only 150 calories each. Now tell me this doesn’t sound tempting?
Skinny Enchilada Filling:
8 tortillas (low carb or flour)
1 ½ cups of cooked shredded chicken
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of chopped bell peppers
½ cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
½ cup of low-fat shredded Mexican cheese (I use Weight Watchers)
Skinny Enchilada Sauce:
¾ cup of salsa
¼ cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
¼ cup of low-fat shredded Mexican cheese
Putting it all together:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x11 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Sautee chopped onions and bell peppers in a skillet with cooking spray until lightly browned.
3. Mix the sautéed onions and bell peppers with the non-fat Greek yogurt and, chicken and cheese.
4. Place ¼ cup of the chicken mixture onto tortilla and roll. Repeat this until you have 8 enchiladas lined up in the baking dish.
5. Mix the salsa and non-fat Greek yogurt together and spread on top of each enchilada. Then sprinkle cheese to top it off.
6. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
My sister and I ate the Skinny Enchiladas Wednesday night and absolutely loved them. From here on out you won’t catch us making any other enchiladas but these healthy ones. I hope you can use the Skinny Enchiladas in your diet plan and that they help you to reach your bikini goals! Enjoy!
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.