Here are the winners of Thursday night's 29th annual MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles:
- Video of the year: Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris, "We Found Love."
- Best pop video: One Direction, "What Makes You Beautiful."
- Best new artist: One Direction, "What Makes You Beautiful."
- Best female video: Nicki Minaj, "Starships."
- Best male video: Chris Brown, "Turn Up The Music."
- Best hip-hop video: Drake featuring Lil Wayne, "HYFR."
- Best video with a message: Devi Lovato, "Skyscraper."
- Best electronic dance music video: Calvin Harris, "Feel So Close."
- Most share-worthy video: One Direction, "What Makes You Beautiful."
- Best rock video: Coldplay, "Paradise."
- Best direction: M.I.A., "Bad Girls."
- Best art direction: Katy Perry, "Wide Awake."
- Best choreography: Chris Brown, "Turn Up the Music."
- Best editing: Beyonce, "Countdown."
- Best visual effects: Skrillex, "First of the Year (Equinox)."
- Best cinematography: M.I.A., "Bad Girls."
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.