Texas A&M student Jordan Powell takes a look at the local opinions on Johnny Manziel and the NCAA investigation. Here are 8 facts you need to know:
1. According to ESPN on Sunday, the NCAA is conducting an investigation on Johhny Manziel
2. Johhny has been accused of accepting a "5 figure flat fee" for his autographs.
3. According to the NCAA, it is against the rules to accept, "Salary for participating in athletics and or/ Prize money above actual and necessary expenses."
4. The reason why these rules of amateurism are put in to place are to preserve the academic environment of the students. "the young men and women competing on the field or court are students first, athletes second."
5. Anonymous sources cited that these signings took place this year in Florida.
6. There was no eye witness to any cash exchange.
7. According to Yahoo Sports unnamed sources rarely cooperate with investigators, so it seems unlikely this will go far.
8. If found guilty, Johnny could be facing a five game suspension or more.
This begs the question, when is your name, no longer your name?
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.