Being a mom to a newborn has changed my relationship in numerous ways. One of the biggest adjustments I’ve had to make is managing my love life. With a baby, making time for romance seems unimaginable. However, I try to make sure to keep the romance in my life. If you want something, you have to work for it. I decided to share with all of you some simple things I’ve done to maintain my relationship now that a baby has come into the picture. These five things are tools you can apply in your relationship to keep the spark alive. Even if you don’t have a child, you can still follow this guide.
1. Write love notes to each other and store them somewhere they can easily find. It could be something as simple as, “I love you and have a great day!” Then store it in their wallet or even slip it in their pocket while they’re getting ready for the day.
2. Make a meal together. One person can cut the meat and vegetables, while the other one measures everything correctly. The food will taste delicious, especially since you two helped each other make it that way.
3. Make a movie night. Go out to a movie theatre or watch one at home. If you watch one at home, simply pop some popcorn and snack on other goodies that you enjoy when you both go to the theatre.
4. Find a hobby. Finding something you both enjoy doing is always a plus in a relationship. Talking about the newest book you’ve read to walking together in the park always helps when you have a significant other who enjoys it as well.
5. Always be affectionate. This is the most important! As simple as this is, it is often the most forgotten thing to do in a relationship. Tell each other you love them, find ways to embrace each other, and let others know how proud you are to be with this person. As long as there is affection in a relationship, it will continue to go on smoothly.
I hope the tips I gave will help keep the spark alive in your relationship. If you have any other ideas, feel free to comment.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.