As St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching, it's the perfect time to make some snacks and crafts with your children. My aunt is famous in our family for her baked goods and while I was visiting her this week, we decided to make this "leprechaun's hat" snack. Here are the instructions:
1 package of sugar cookie mix
1 stick of butter
Green food coloring
Green and brown m&ms (or green grapes and raisins for a healthier alternative)
9 oz. clear plastic cups (the amount depends on how many hats you decide to make)
1. Follow the directions specific on the sugar cookie packet.
2. Add 10 green food coloring drops to the sugar cookie mix before you place them in the oven.
3. As the sugar cookies are baking, grab the yellow piece of felt and draw a belt buckle on it. Then, cut out the piece of felt and glue it on the rim of the plastic cup.
4. While the sugar cookies are baking, add a few green food coloring drops to the vanilla frosting (the amount varies depending on how dark you want the shade of green to be).
5. Once the cookies have cooled, frost them with the green frosting.
6.Grab the plastic cups and fill them with the m&ms (or grapes and raisins for a healthier alternative).
7. Place the cookie on top of the cup (with the green side facing down) and then flip the cup upside down.
8. The finished product is a "leprechaun's hat." Your children can now enjoy this St. Patrick's Day snack!