My grandma, or as we call her “Granny Pat”, has always been known as the creative one in our family. She can paint, draw, create, and bake just about anything with ease. I have always admired her for these talents. Every holiday, she has certain desserts that she bakes. Most years she comes up with new things to pop into the oven and decorate.
As we all know, Easter is this weekend! I started thinking about a fun Easter dessert that I could bake to save Granny from having to do it all. This was definitely a no brainer. One dessert that she makes every Easter is the famous Easter Egg Basket Cupcakes. Since I am now too old to participate in Easter egg hunts, the idea of baking my Granny’s cupcakes gave me an extra thing to get excited about this Easter! I assure you that anyone who makes these cupcakes will have just as much fun as I did. This colorful treat will brighten your Easter day enough to leave you singing, “A Tisket a Tasket”! So come on y’all… try Granny’s Easter Egg Baskets!
1 box of Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix (or any cake mix of your choice)
1 cup of water
½ cup oil
3 whole eggs
1 bag of Specktacular Eggs M&M’s
1 jar of vanilla frosting
Green food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend cake mix, water, oil, and egg yolks into a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer until well blended.
3. Place the baking cups into the pan and pour mix in.
4. Bake for 19-23 minutes.
5. Put several drops of green food coloring into vanilla frosting and mix. Once cupcakes are baked and cooled, spread frosting on cupcakes.
6. Take pipe cleaners and bend them into a handle shape. Stick 1 pipe cleaner handle into each cupcake.
7. Add 2 Specktacular Eggs M&M’s to each cupcake.
*Makes 24 cupcakes
Now you have your very own Easter Egg Basket Cupcakes! You have your grass (green frosting), your Easter eggs (M&M’s), and your basket (pipe cleaners and cupcake). May the Easter bunny treat you as well as 1 bite of this cupcake will! Happy Easter everyone!