I have vague memories of my mother slaving away in the kitchen after she came home from work. There were days that she was so tired that she wouldn't really feel like making anything at all. When she was having one of those days, she decided to make something simple, but good. One of these simple but good meals was King Ranch Chicken Casserole.
This past summer I decided I was going to cook my boyfriend dinner for the first time. I knew it was probably better to start with something easy so that it didn’t turn into a complete disaster. I called up my mom, and she suggested King Ranch Chicken.
Putting my fate in her hands, I went to buy the groceries and then whipped up the recipe. It was now time for the final test – my boyfriend’s taste buds. After one bite, I could see in his eyes that he was not faking. He scarfed down his entire plate before I barely even had two bites.
The dish was such a hit that this was the meal he requested me to make for our anniversary. I guess you could say he liked the King Ranch Chicken Casserole so much, that it left him feeling like a king.
1 bag of tortilla chips
¾ bag of shredded cheese
1 can of Rotel
1 can of Cream of Mushroom
1 can of Cream of Chicken
1 Rotisserie Chicken
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut up chicken into pieces and place into mixing bowl.
3. Mix chicken with Rotel, Cream of Mushroom, and Cream of Chicken.
4. Carefully place tortilla chips in a 9x11 baking dish.
5. Evenly pour chicken mix over the tortilla chips.
6. Sprinkle ¾ bag of shredded cheese over mix.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool for about 10 minutes then serve!