- Johnny Manziel, the captivating star from Texas A&M University, visited New Orleans on Thursday to officially accept the 2012-13 Manning Award, presented by the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
- Texas A&M University today received approval from the A&M System Board of Regents to proceed with one of the largest college football stadium redevelopments in history, with a project cost of $450 million and a future stadium capacity of 102,500.
- For the first time in program history, the Texas A&M football team has produced a top 10 NFL Draft selection in three straight years after All-America offensive tackle Luke Joeckel was picked No. 2 overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday at Radio City Music Hall.
- Reigning Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M highlighted the first edition of Heisman Trophy Watch List announced by the HeismanPundit.com and CBSSports.com on Thursday.
- Texas A&M All-American offensive tackle Luke Joeckel (Arlington, Texas) has been projected as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft on Thursday, which would be a first for the Aggie football program.