Rain & a Few Thunderstorms Expected Saturday
Plans on Saturday? Know that rain and a few rumbles of thunder will be possible at times. Here's how it looks to play out for the Brazos Valley:
• Spotty, light showers will be possible from an overcast sky through the morning hours. Most activities pre-lunch should remain dry.
• Scattered rain may develop around midday creating on / off soggy moments through the afternoon hours.
• Isolated heavier downpours and a few rumbles / flashes of lightning will be possible after 3-4pm. This will be few and far between, but something to monitor.
• Isolated thunderstorms could try to develop between 5pm & 10pm across the Central and Northeastern Brazos Valley. A strong storm with gusty wind & small hail is not totally ruled out, but not an overwhelming concern.
• Between 10pm Saturday and 12am Sunday, a line of rain and rumbles of thunder is expected to move into the Northern Brazos Valley and spend through 4am (roughly) moving toward I-10 and out of the area.
While a severe thunderstorm is not 100% out of the question, the overall threat seems low for Saturday & Saturday night. Sunday morning starts cloudy, but clears to sunshine by afternoon. The weekend wraps up in the low 70s & breezy.
Saturday: Cloudy with rain and thunderstorms at times. High: 73. Wind: SE 10-15 mph, with gusts upwards of 20 mph.
Saturday Night: Showers and storms likely, especially before 2am. Low: 56. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.
Sunday: Becoming mostly sunny by afternoon. High: 72. Wind: NNW 10-20 mph.
Sunday Night: Mostly clear. Low: 52. Wind: NNW 5-15 mph.
-- Chief Meteorologist Shel Winkley