- College Station police are getting paid less than counterparts in comparable departments across Texas. Efforts are being made to change that in order to attract and keep the best cops patrolling area streets.
- Today is one of the busiest travel days of the year. Millions of people will be on the move to be with their loved ones for Thanksgiving. For many that are driving, the gas prices are something to be thankful for.
- Nearly 5,000 unaccompanied immigrant children were caught illegally crossing the U.S. border with Mexico in October, almost double the number from October 2014, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data.
- President Barack Obama said there is currently no "specific and credible" intelligence indicating a terrorist plot against the United States, as he sought to reassure anxious Americans ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
- President Barack Obama on Wednesday signed a $607 billion defense policy bill despite his opposition to restrictions in the legislation that ban him from moving Guantanamo Bay detainees to the United States and making good on a long unfulfilled campaign promise.
- Islamic extremists armed with guns and throwing grenades stormed the Radisson Blu hotel in Mali's capital Friday morning, killing at least three people and initially taking numerous hostages, authorities said.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Mandy Riske 979-595-1589
Station Contact Info:
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888