- We're wrapping up our Brazos Valley Bucket List with a restaurant that's known for its extremely large steaks, and for inventing a bacon creation that's gained nationwide attention.
- House Republicans passed legislation late Friday to address the crisis on the U.S.-Mexico border by sending migrant youths back home without hearings, winning over conservatives with a companion bill that could lead to deporting more than half a million immigrants whom the Obama administration granted temporary work permits
- President Barack Obama says House Republicans are trying to pass the most extreme and unworkable version of an immigration bill even though they know the bill isn't going anywhere.
- The Texas Historical Commission has postponed a vote on whether to designate the Houston Astrodome as a "state antiquities landmark," a status that would make it harder to tear down the iconic structure.
- University of Texas System regents on Tuesday selected one of the top U.S. military special operations leaders as the lone finalist for the job of chancellor, overseeing the system's 15 campuses and $14 billion budget.
- AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Robert Chrismon, 51, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list, and a cash reward up to $3,000 is now being offered for information leading to his capture.