- Nearly a hundred drivers and passengers were affected after their vehicles slid across icy and dangerous roads in the Brazos Valley over the weekend. TXDoT officials say Saturday's freezing temperatures coupled with driver unpreparedness is what caused many of the accidents.
- Each year we ask the community to help us raise food and funds for the Brazos Valley Food Bank. The food that's raised gets sorted and sent back out, but what happens to the money?
- Shedding gridlock, key members of Congress reached a modest budget agreement Tuesday to restore about $63 billion in automatic spending cuts from programs ranging from parks to the Pentagon and eliminate the threat of another partial government shutdown early next year.
- The White House says it was just a brief handshake and an exchange of greetings, and that it wasn't planned in advance. But since it involved the president of the United States and the leader of Cuba, there are some who are angered by it.
- Prospects are dimming for a quick extension of soon-to-expire unemployment benefits as Republican officials say they will not agree to include a renewal in any year-end budget deal.
- Princeton University has vaccinated nearly 2,000 of its students to try to stop an outbreak of type B meningitis in an unusual federal government-endorsed administration of a drug not generally approved for use in the United States.
- Character actress Kate Williamson, who appeared in such films as "Disclosure," ''Dahmer," ''Dream Lover" and "Racing With the Moon," has died at age 82 after a lengthy illness, said her manager, Judy Fox.