- Normally, Lake Somerville is packed with tourists and locals looking to celebrate this holiday weekend.
But, the lake remains closed after record flooding in May. So, that's forcing people to find somewhere else.
- The Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets Marksmanship Unit (CCMU) won the 2015 Military College Combat Shooting Championship (MCCSC) hosted by the prestigious United States Army Marksmanship Unit at Fort Benning, Ga.
- A Massachusetts judge has authorized a subpoena so lawyers for former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez can identify an anonymous tipster who claimed one of the jurors who convicted Hernandez of murder may have been "untruthful" during jury selection.
- A local health official says a woman killed by measles in Washington state had been vaccinated against the disease as a child but succumbed because she had a compromised immune system.
- A van packed with fireworks has exploded and burned on a Southern California freeway, clogging the main road between Los Angeles and Las Vegas at the beginning of the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
- From Seattle to Salt Lake City, the West is baking under record heat. Temperatures reaching the triple digits have made fire conditions extreme and sent folks looking for relief heading into the Fourth of July weekend. Unfortunately, the forecast in many areas calls for more sun and sweat.
- Special prosecutors heading the investigation of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton says a Paxton spokesman's statement calling the investigation a "political hit-job" ignores the facts of the case.
- A former Galveston County judge has been arrested and charged with two counts of online harassment after police say he created fake online ads saying two ex-girlfriends were available for sex-for-hire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Mandy Riske 979-595-1589
Station Contact Info:
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888