Assignment Afghanistan: Aggie Commandant's Son Continues Tradition of Service
- Three generations of one family have sacrificed in service to the nation. The youngest of the trio is in Afghanistan right now, and even though he's not an Aggie, he's got a strong tie to Texas A&M. The love and respect between father and son runs deep with the Ramirez's.
Assignment Afghanistan: Aggie Works to Defend Bagram Base
- As the sun sets over Bagram, Army Lieutenant Chris Torres and members of Alpha Battery, 3rd Battalion, 82nd Field Artillery rise.
Assignment Afghanistan: Aggie Keeps in Touch with Texas Family
- Aggies have a long-standing tradition of service to the nation, and that's continuing with the war in Afghanistan. The desire to serve hasn't changed, but the way to keep in touch with home has.
Assignment Afghanistan: Suspicious Vehicle Prompts Lock Down at Kabul Military Base
- A scare Thursday morning at the Kabul Military Base in Afghanistan prompted an evacuation of U.S. Soldiers and civilians.
Assignment Afghanistan: Texas Soldier Takes Call from the President
- During a III Corps Transfer of Authority Ceremony in Kabul Friday, several members of military top brass were present, including Gen. Ray Odierno, the Chief of Staff of the Army. But among the crowd there may have only been one soldier who had the chance to take a phone call from the president during the Super Bowl last week.
Assignment Afghanistan: International Forces Work Together on Mission
- Military members from almost fifty countries are serving in Afghanistan at the International Joint Command (IJC) in Kabul to support the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).
Deadly Explosion in Afghanistan's Capital Reportedly Targets U.S. Forces
- An explosion Monday afternoon in the Afghan capital of Kabul has left a pair of civilian contractors dead, according to coalition forces.
Assignment Afghanistan: Beating Stress with Talks and a Dog
- Last year, the Army says about one soldier died a day after committing suicide. That's more than the number of soldiers who died in combat in Afghanistan. But there's a specialized unit offering help to service members in need, and they've got man's best friend on their team.
Assignment Afghanistan: Fort Hood Soldiers Transfer Authority
- III Corps Commander Lt. Gen. Mark Milley handed over the command of the International Security Assistance Force Joint Command Saturday in Afghanistan and prepared to head home to Fort Hood.
Assignment Afghanistan: Soldiers Mean Big Business for Local Vendors
- Dozens of shop owners in Afghanistan go to work everyday at some of the shops in the market area of Bagram Airfield.
More Assignment Afghanistan Headlines
Assignment Afghanistan - Locations
Click on a location name to view it on the map