The two candidates looking to hold the highest elected office in College Station were live on KBTX Thursday morning to give their takes on the issues.
Brazos Valley This Morning hosted Nancy Berry and Ben White in the second of two mayoral candidate forums held this week on the show.
Berry is a former member of the College Station city council, and has served on numerous boards both before and after that stint in elected office.
White is College Station's current mayor. The former healthcare executive also served on the council and was mayor of Garden Ridge, Texas.
To view the forum in its entirety, click on the videos with this story:
- What is "the State of College Station"?
- How has the candidates' service to the city best qualified them to be mayor?
- What would the candidates' cut from the budget to help make it in this tough economy?
- Is there a rift between Bryan and College Station?
- Has the council sufficiently listened to the citizens on the issues?
- Is a convention center needed in College Station?
- Should Wellborn residents get the chance to vote on their future?
- How should the problem of cramped quarters at city hall be solved?
- What industries should be the next to locate in the city?
Early voting got underway in Bryan and across the region Monday. Through three days of early voting, 511 people had cast ballots. That's 1.3 percent of College Station's 38,587 registered voters.
The early voting period ends Tuesday. Election Day is Saturday, May 8.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.