The 2008 hurricane season is here! The first system, Tropical Storm Arthur, quickly developed a day early but dissipated just as fast as it strengthened.
The 2008 hurricane tracking charts are now available! You can get a copy of the new charts from a variety of locations:
- The Aquafina display at your local Wal Mart.
- The KBTX Media studios, during normal business hours. We're located across from Suddenlink Communications in Bryan.
- Right here at KBTX.com! Click here to download the 2008 tracking charts.
In addition to new charts, the new Hurricane Center is also available! Several new and old elements are featured, which include but are not limited to:
- Automated satellite maps of the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, and Atlantic.
- Storm data maps, when necessary, showing the position, wind speed and pressure of all active storms, including it's distance to Bryan/College Station.
- A video player exclusive to tropical weather which will include tropical updates, blogs, and other content related to tropical storms and hurricanes.
- An automated feed of advisories from the National Hurricane Center when storms are active.
- Downloadable 2008 hurricane tracking charts.
- Archived information and advisories on 2008 storms. (NEW)
Let us know of any additional content you would like to see!