Students Learn Fire Safety

By: Amanda Humes
By: Amanda Humes

Some students in Bryan may be feeling a little safer after facing the flames, or at least pretending to.

Students at Navarro Elementary learned about fire safety. The Bryan Fire Department brought its fire safety house to the school.

Kindergartners and first graders got inside the house and learned what to do if they're ever caught in a fire.

"We learned about being safe and don't worry about that smoke and don't be afraid," said Kindergartner Darbyn Jones.

Bryan firefighters also urge parents to practice an evacuation plan with their children and always make sure their smoke detectors are working.

KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1045236 -
Gray Television, Inc.