Imagine moving into your newly renovated home and then not even two weeks into settling in, you wake up in the middle of the night and it's engulfed in flames -- that's exactly what happened to a Bryan family this week.
"It hurts me to see everything like this,” said Pamela Headge.
It is a painful reflection to what would have marked a new home and a new beginning for the Headge family.
"We moved from our other house we were living in for ten years, and we've only been here two weeks, and this is what happens,” Headge said.
Pamela Headge and her family were just beginning to settle in to their new rental home on Bittle Lane in Bryan when all of a sudden, just before midnight Wednesday, the smell of smoke forced them out.
"We all grabbed one another and just ran out the front door and when we looked back smoke was just everywhere,” added Headge.
Standing outside with nothing but the clothes on their back, the family stood watching as 20 years of tangible memories inside their newly renovated home went up in flames.
“Everything that we had and owned is gone, we lost pictures from when they were kids, we lost furniture, clothing, everything is gone,” said Headge as she wiped tears from her eyes. “We don't have insurance, we have nothing now...absolutely nothing."
While at the moment, they may not have much to call their own, the Headge family says they're blessed no one was hurt and at the end of the day, their faith will prevail.
"I can't give up now, I know this is my worst point, but like I said, as long as I have God on my side, we'll survive,” Headge said.
Donations can be made at any Citibank under the name of family friend, Denise Hedge. The account is set up for: "Benefit of the Headge family.” The last two digits of the account are 58.