KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | Aggieland News

Late Morning Fire Displaces College Station Residents

By: KBTX Staff
By: KBTX Staff

A late morning fire Saturday led to the evacuation of about 20 residents of the Peppertree Apartment Complex in College Station.

College Fire Department says it started when an unattended candle on top of a television caught the bottom floor on fire.

The fire then spread to the second story of the apartment complex.

Parts of second floor was visibly charred as firefighters stood on a ladder truck to put out the fire completely.

Firefighters say a smoke alarm was responsible for alerting people to get out safely.

Witnesses say they started to smell and see smoke when someone called 911.

According to one witness everyone was able to get out of the complex without injury.


KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 231292551