A 60 year-old man from New Caney is recovering after being severely burned this morning from an explosion according to police.
The New Caney Fire Department responded to the explosion around 11:30 a.m. on Mexican John Road.
They found the victim on the porch with first and second degree burns from head to toe. Investigators say at least 60 % of his body was burned after some type of explosion occurred when he was using gasoline to burn small piles of tree limbs.
The victim was taken to Hermann Hospital in Houston.
The Montgomery County Fire Marshal's Office says the clothing the victim was wearing contributed to the severity of the burns. Investigators say had on nylon windbreaker type clothing that melted on him.
It is advised by investigators to not use gasoline when burning and wear cotton clothing.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.