Several families were displaced Wednesday night after a fire broke out at the Doux Chene Apartments. The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.
However, it's not the first time the complex has been struck by disaster. It's been a rough couple of years for Doux Chene apartment owner Glenn Wyant.
"We've been hit by lightening, we've had a tornado, we have had fires, so it's the kind of thing you just take that as a part of life with owning this place," Wyant said.
You may remember back in December 2006, the apartment suffered extensive damage from mother nature herself.
"I was on my balcony when it hit so I saw the funnel cloud, bouncing up and down and everything and I was pretty scared," Jennifer Alsup said in December 2006.
That was then, this was Wednesday night...
"About 9:45 or so, my wife was watching TV and I stood up and she says I smell smoke," Doux Chene Resident Andrew Dancer said. "The next thing you know they're banging on my door saying fire!"
Dancer then ran to his truck to grab a fire extinguisher and help put out the flames.
You could call it ironic or just plain and simple bad luck. Either way, the fire that ripped through the apartment is one of the same apartments that was heavily damaged by a tornado just a little more than a year ago.
"The building that was affected we had completely gutted and replaced all the wiring, plumbing, and had completely redone the apartment," Wyant said. "It was brand new wiring that actually caught fire, and we're still looking into exactly how that happened."
Although there is little visible damage on the outside, crews on Thursday morning were cleaning up the inside of apartments, including Dancer's, which lies just beneath the unit where the fire began.
However, it's all par for the course for the Dancer family who also lived in the complex when the tornado ripped through it.
"I've gotten to the point where I expect the unexpected," Dancer said.
The owner of the apartments says in all four families were affected. Several were put up in nearby hotels, others were able to return to their apartments.
Wyant says they are working hard to get everyone back into their apartments as soon as possible.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.