Brenham Man Dies in House Fire

A fire at a Brenham duplex has left one resident dead in what is believed to be an accident.

Authorities in Brenham say an early afternoon fire at a government housing complex claimed the life of 82-year-old Albert House Sr.

He was apparently using the stove for heat in his unit of a duplex on Gay Hill Street when a fire in the kitchen started around 12:10 p.m.

Fire crews were reportedly on scene fairly quickly, but not in time to save House's life. He was home alone at the time, and no other portions of his home or the adjoining unit suffered serious damage.

An autopsy has been ordered and an investigation continues.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16419141 - kbtx.com/a?a=16419141
Gray Television, Inc.