Bryan Fire Station's Mold Problem Forces Shut Down

One of Bryan's fire stations has been shut down due to a mold problem.

Personnel and equipment from Fire Station #3 have been moved to other stations as a result.

The mold was discovered behind a wall of the men's restroom, and preliminary tests show the mold may present health risks.

An expert from Austin will soon come to town to run further tests.

Fire Chief Mike Donoho said the mold may have actually been behind the walls since the station's construction in the late 1970s.

As for potential delays in service, Donoho says they should only be minor. He tells us the response zones for Fire Stations 1 and 2 overlap Fire Station 3's zone, and that those stations will pick up any calls.

Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16883581 -
Gray Television, Inc.