The City of College Station announced Monday the following list of candidates for the position of Police Chief
• Steve Dye, currently the Assistant Police Chief for the City of Garland.
• Michael Gentry, currently the Police Chief for the City of Harker Heights.
• Michael Ikner, currently the Assistant Police Chief for the City of Arlington.
• Diana Kirk, currently the Assistant Police Chief for the City of El Paso.
• Bobby Whitmire, currently the Interim Police Chief for the City of College Station.
The candidates will participate in an interview process April 3 and 4. On April 3, a community forum will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Hilton.
The moderated forum will be open to the public and will feature pre-determined questions from various stakeholders – including neighborhoods, civic groups and more.
The salary range for the position is $110,400 to $129,200 and will include other benefits.
The Police Chief will oversee a department of 114 sworn officers, 50 civilian staff and an operating budget of $12 million.
In addition, the department is currently in the midst of a $3.3 million expansion to police headquarters. More information on the candidates and the planned forum will be released later this week.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.