The City of College Station announced Monday the following list of candidates for the position of Police Chief
• Steve Dye, currently the Assistant Police Chief for the City of Garland.
• Michael Gentry, currently the Police Chief for the City of Harker Heights.
• Michael Ikner, currently the Assistant Police Chief for the City of Arlington.
• Diana Kirk, currently the Assistant Police Chief for the City of El Paso.
• Bobby Whitmire, currently the Interim Police Chief for the City of College Station.
The candidates will participate in an interview process April 3 and 4. On April 3, a community forum will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Hilton.
The moderated forum will be open to the public and will feature pre-determined questions from various stakeholders – including neighborhoods, civic groups and more.
The salary range for the position is $110,400 to $129,200 and will include other benefits.
The Police Chief will oversee a department of 114 sworn officers, 50 civilian staff and an operating budget of $12 million.
In addition, the department is currently in the midst of a $3.3 million expansion to police headquarters. More information on the candidates and the planned forum will be released later this week.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.