The candidates for College Station police chief gathered Thursday night to make their cases for becoming the city's next top cop.
The Hilton Hotel hosted the event, which began with a question and answer session. That was followed by meet and greet time for the public and the finalists.
The candidates are:
- Steve Dye, Assistant Police Chief, Garland, TX
- Michael Gentry, Police Chief, Harker Heights, TX
- Michael Ikner, Assistant Police Chief, Arlington, TX
- Diana Kirk, Assistant Police Chief, El Paso, TX
- Bobby Whitmire, Interim Police Chief, College Station, TX
City Manager Glenn Brown told News 3 Thursday night it's still going to be a week or two before they have a decision on a lone finalist. He wants to let his office soak in what all the finalists had to say.
Click on the video links to check out the candidate interviews, and click the link below to submit your comments to the city about the finalists.
You can also read the finalists' resumes courtesy of the city with the links below.