With Montgomery County right in line for Tropical Storm Edouard's push through the region, county leaders have activated their emergency operations center and opened shelters.
Local officials believe there could be localized flooding and possible power outages.
Cooling centers and shelters have been opened:
- Sallas Sports Complex (21675 McClesky, New Caney)
- Montgomery County Community Center (16401 First Street, Splendora)
- Magnolia Community Center (422 Melton, Magnolia)
- First United Methodist Church in Conroe (4308 W. Davis)
- United Methodist Church in Humble (800 Main Street)
- Christbridge Fellowship Church in Tomball (29510 Parkway)
Montgomery County leaders note people going to shelters must bring their own bedding, medicine, diapers and formulas. No pets can be brought.
Also of note in Montgomery County, Lone Star Community College has canceled classes, and county offices except for public safety and essential personnel will be closed Tuesday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.