Hearne Fire Chief, Marcus Hilton is recovering from emergency heart surgery at St. Joseph Hospital, after fighting a Thursday morning fire that destroyed a Robertson County night club.
While battling the blaze, Hilton opened the back door to the club and was overcome by smoke, shortly thereafter, he suffered a heart attack.
News Three spoke with Chief Hilton's wife, Beverly who says her husband should be in his own room on Friday and that she and her family appreciate all of the prayers and inquiries about her husband's health.
As for the fire, it's believed to have started about 6 a.m. at Gem's Gentlemen's Club off of Highway 6 near Hearne.
Firefighters were not able to extinguish the blaze until after it had already ravaged the entire building.
This isn't the first time emergency crews have had to respond to the club -- a small fire in January charred a back wall, which was later attributed to faulty electrical wiring.
Robertson County officials said they will release more information after they have had time to fully investigate the site.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.