A Burleson County family trying to stay warm, may have sparked a devastating blaze.
It took five fire departments nearly 30 minutes to contain a mobile home fire near Tunis. Firefighters say an electric heater may be to blame.
"The fire was spreading through the field so fast," Candis Waller said. "When I came up here, the house was still standing. But now as you can see, it's down."
It didn't take long for Waller's mobile home to come crashing down. Flames took over nearly everything she had.
"I'm very fortunate that we weren't all in there," Waller said.
Only a charred soccer ball managed to escape the heat.
"Oh, just everything, is lost...gone," Tammy Allen said.
Tammy Allen and her two grand kids were staying with her niece, Candis, before the blaze hit. Now she wonders how the tight knit group will be able to get by.
"My grand babies go to school, so they don't have nothing," Allen said. "All their shoes and everything got burned up. We have nothing but the clothes we have on our bodies now."
As firefighters put out the last of the flames, the realization of all that's been lost kicked in for nearby family.
"We have nothing at all," Waller said.
The families who lived in the mobile home haven't been able to salvage anything from the rubble.
They are in need of some clothes for the two kids and themselves.
They are accepting donations for the grandmother and two children at Snook Elementary, or you can contact 979-739-3950.
To donate to help Candice Allen, please contact 979-218-0092.
Officials say there are some important tips to remember if you have an electric heater in your home.
-Never leave the heater on, unattended, and always unplug it when it's not in use.
-Be sure not to use the heater with a power strip, or an extension cord.
-Keep your heater at least three feet away from combustible objects.
-Never plug other electronics into the same outlet as the heater.