Less than 24 hours after putting out one fire, College Station firefighters were back on Texas A&M’s campus for another small blaze.
A small pot used to make tar became overheated and ignited about 12 p.m. Monday at the new Mitchell Physics Building, which is still under construction.
Construction workers were able to quickly contain the small fire to the cooking kettle until firefighters arrived.
No damage was done to the roof of the building, and no injuries were reported.
Traffic on University Drive was backed up past the Wellborn underpass, as emergency crews had to block off two of the eastbound lanes as a safety precaution.
The fire that damaged part of the Bell Building around 9 p.m. on Sunday, which is just a few blocks from the Mitchell Building, is still under investigation.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.