KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | Aggieland News

Bryan Woman Burned in Cooking Fire

By: Ashlea Sigman Email
By: Ashlea Sigman Email

A Bryan Woman was air-lifted to San Antonio Thursday afternoon, after a kitchen fire in her home.

Bryan Firefighters said they were called to the 2800 block of Oakside Drive around 1:40p.m. Thursday.

According to firefighters, Jeannie Salinas, 49, was removing something from the oven, when her oven mitt, clothes, and counter-top caught fire.

Salinas was flown to the Brooke Army Medical Center Burn Unit with non-life threatening burns, on 40 percent of her body.

Firefighters say a neighbor called 911, when the woman came outside.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 35990214 - kbtx.com/a?a=35990214