Four weeks ago, a College Station family of seven lost their home when a faulty chimney caught their house on fire.
Saturday, some good samaritans in Bryan braved the cold, and held a garage sale for the Jeffersons.
Everything from clothes, toys and decorations was for sale, the organizers even baked some homemade bread.
All of the money from the sale will go directly to the Jefferson family.
"I thought this family lost everything, we have so much lets turn it around," said garage sale organizer Malinda Holt.
Holt believes the cold weather may have kept a few shoppers home.
She and the other organizers will open the sale again next Saturday, the 21st, from 9a.m. To 4p.m., at
2304 Emerald Drive, in Bryan.
Holt says Jeffersons have furniture, but are in need of dressers or chests.
For more info contact Malinda Holt at 979-703-6672, or email@example.com.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.