The two men looking to hold the highest elected office in Bryan were live on KBTX Tuesday morning to give their takes on the issues.
Brazos Valley This Morning hosted Jason Bienski and Mitch Morehead, one of two mayoral candidate forums to be held this week on the show.
Bienski, a realtor and current member of the city council, has served as mayor pro tem for a number of years. Prior to his five years on the council, he served on a number of boards for the city.
Morehead has served on numerous boards as well, both before and after the local business owner served a term on the city council early in the decade. He also served as mayor pro tem.
To view the forum in its entirety, click on the videos with this story:
- What is "the State of Bryan"?
- How has the candidates' service to the city best qualified them to be mayor?
- What would the candidates' cut from the budget to help make it in this tough economy?
- Downtown Bryan: money well spent or neglecting other areas?
- Is there a rift between Bryan and College Station?
- BTU's budget: is the city getting the information it needs?
- Besides medical, what industry would you try to bring to Bryan?
- Do first responders have what they need to protect the city?
- If you could change a recent council decision, what would it be?
Early voting got underway in Bryan and across the region Monday. When the first day was done, 158 people had cast ballots at the Bryan Municipal Building for the mayor race, three other council spots and one school board election. That is less than half a percent of the city's 35,575 registered voters.
The early voting period ends Tuesday, May 4. Election Day is Saturday, May 8.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.