Helping to alleviate the state and national shortages in the health care workforce, the Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) graduated 597 students at commencement ceremonies earlier this month across the state.
“On behalf of the Texas A&M Health Science Center, I offer sincere congratulations to our newest doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, public health workers and scientists,” said E.J. “Jere” Pederson, interim TAMHSC president and interim Texas A&M University System vice chancellor for health affairs. “The health care providers that comprise this largest group of graduates in our institution’s history will have an immediate impact on patients and communities across Texas and the United States by serving as leaders in their fields.”
Graduates from each component are as follows:
• Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy – 79 students received a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).
• College of Medicine/School of Graduate Studies – 136 students received a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) and 18 a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
• College of Nursing – 96 students received a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.).
• School of Rural Public Health – 65 students received a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.), 23 a Master of Health Administration (M.H.A.), 1 a Master of Science in Public Health (M.S.P.H.) and 2 a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
• Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry – 101 students received a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.), 11 a Master of Science (M.S.) in Oral Biology, 29 a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Dental Hygiene, and 36 in various master’s degrees and certificates in specialty programs.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.