The Wells Fargo building in Bryan (3000 Briarcrest) is back open after a freight elevator malfunction caused smoke on one of the floors.
Fire crews evacuated the building for about an hour early Monday morning upon finding the smoke. The motor in the elevator had a mechanical problem, causing the smoke.
One person was trapped inside the elevator for about 45 minutes, but fire crews were able to get them out safely.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.