BRYAN The school board for the Bryan Independent School District has extended the contract of its superintendent.
At Monday's meeting, trustees voted to add a year to Tommy Wallis' deal.
Wallis is currently in the third year of his tenure at BISD, and earned a fourth following what the district described as a positive performance review.
BISD released five points by which Wallis was evaluated:
1. Meet the educational needs of every student by continually addressing instruction and learning so all students reach their maximum potential.
2. Recruit and retain a high quality workforce to support student success.
3. Optimize resources to support district goals and student success.
4. Maintain and develop quality facilities that support student success.
5. Proactively improve communication and perception of BISD by engaging the students, community and district employees.
Any raise for Wallis would be tied to any percentage pay increase for administrative staff in the coming year, which will be part of upcoming budget talks.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.