College Station Firefighters Rescue Dog From Burning Home

College Station firefighters rescued a family pet from a house fire Wednesday evening.

The department says someone was de-frosting food in the microwave and accidentally hit the wrong button before leaving the home on Shoal Creek in the Pebble Creek subdivision.

The microwave caught fire and then the flames spread to the kitchen, attic, and living room.

Smoke started coming from the house and a neighbor called 911.

When firefighters arrived they searched the house and rescued a pet dog.

It was taken to the Texas A&M Vet Clinic by its owner. No word on its condition.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 200361441 - kbtx.com/a?a=200361441
Gray Television, Inc.