A false alarm caused a major rush of first responders this afternoon to the scene of what they thought was a fire, but investigators say there's something to be learned from the ordeal.
Many units from the Bryan Fire Department responded to a call at the Kent Street Terrace Apartments around 5pm Wednesday after a resident turned on her heater for the first time this year.
Investigators say there was no fire, but the call was warranted. Dust and debris can collect in the heating system and start a fire when a heater is turned on for the first time.
Bryan Fire says if you smell something burning and believe there is a problem to call them immediately.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.