A false alarm caused a major rush of first responders this afternoon to the scene of what they thought was a fire, but investigators say there's something to be learned from the ordeal.
Many units from the Bryan Fire Department responded to a call at the Kent Street Terrace Apartments around 5pm Wednesday after a resident turned on her heater for the first time this year.
Investigators say there was no fire, but the call was warranted. Dust and debris can collect in the heating system and start a fire when a heater is turned on for the first time.
Bryan Fire says if you smell something burning and believe there is a problem to call them immediately.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.