BRYAN - Filing for candidacy for the City of Bryan's general election to be held on November 5, 2013, begins on Saturday, July 27, and ends at 5:00 p.m. on August 26. (Note that July 27-July 28, city offices are closed for the weekend.) The positions of Mayor, City Councilmember Single Member District Number One, and City Councilmember Single Member District Number Two will appear on the ballot for full three-year terms.
In order to be a candidate, a person must:
• Be 18 years of age or older;
• Be a U.S. citizen;
• Be registered to vote in the City of Bryan (or in the single member district if filing for a single member district Council position) on the date of filing for elected office;
• Have resided with the State of Texas continuously for 12 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot;
• To be a candidate for Mayor, have resided continuously within the City of Bryan continuously for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot;
• To be a candidate for a single member district position, must have resided continuously for six months in the single member district immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot;
• If elected, a Councilmember from a single member district must remain a resident of that district for the entire term;
• Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
• Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
• Not hold any other office of emolument;
• Not have a financial interest in any contract, job, work, or service of or to the City of Bryan, or the sale to the City of Bryan of any supplies, equipment, material, or real or personal property.
Candidate packets are available in the Bryan City Secretary's Office in the Bryan Municipal Building, 300 South Texas Avenue, Room 302. After the filing deadline, an orientation session for candidates will be conducted.
For additional information:
Mary Lynne Stratta, Bryan City Secretary
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.