Most of the residents displaced have been allowed to return to their apartments.
A few remain evacuated as of Wednesday morning until the water damaged apartments can be inspected.
Officials say the damaged apartments will be inspected on Wednesday.
Residents at a local senior living facility were forced to evacuate Tuesday evening when a fire broke out.
It happened around 6:30 p.m. at Crestview Terrace on Villa Maria Road in Bryan.
Firefighters say the fire started on a stove inside a third floor apartment. The emergency sprinkler system extinguished the flames before fire crews arrived.
About 30 residents were evacuated as a precaution.
Three people were treated on the scene for minor injuries, while three apartments received water damage.
It was quite an eventful evening for residents like Catherine Lamb.
"I'm 66 years old and I don't call it alarming, I just call it some sort of brief accident," Lamb said. "You know they do everything they can here at least for me."
We're told the three apartments that received water damage will be cleaned so residents can return for the night.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.