A natural gas leak forced the evacuation of Texas A&M faculty and students inside Heldenfels Hall for about 45 minutes Monday afternoon.
Bart Humphreys with the College Station Fire Department says by the time firefighers arrived on scene the gas to the building had already been shut off by staff from A&M's physical plant.
As faculty and staff stood outside, firefighters used gas monitoring equipment to test the air quality in the area.
Once declared safe, everyone was allowed back inside the building. Nobody was injured or sickened.
Investigators believe a leaking valve allowed the gas to escape.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.