Mosquitoes collected by the Brazos County Health Department on August 1, 2012 tested positive for West Nile virus (WNV). Mosquitoes were trapped at various sites in Bryan, College Station, Brazos County, and on the Texas A&M University campus. Positive mosquito sites
· William J Bryan at Sue Haswell Park (5th week in a row) and on Live Oak and Juniper Street in Bryan
· Glade Street (5th week in a row) in College Station
· TAMU golf course (8th week in a row) and at the Northside Residence Halls (3rd week in a row) on the TAMU campus
Mosquito control personnel with the City of Bryan, Texas A&M University, and the City of College Station has been notified of these locations.
Please keep in mind that all of Brazos County is positive for WNV.
All Brazos County residents are urged to keep up their defenses and practice the Four D’s:
· Drain standing water around the house, including tires, cans, flowerpots, rain gutters, buckets, wading pools, puddles, etc. Trim grass and shrubs and do not over water lawns and gardens.
· Wear insect repellent containing DEET.
· Stay indoors at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
· Dress in long sleeves and pants when outdoors to prevent bites.
For more information, visit our website at www.brazoshealth.org or follow us on facebook (facebook.com/BrazosCountyHealthDepartment).
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.